We’ve just scheduled two new releases for the second half of 2012, and both will continue our current run of the multi-genre remix EP format. Here’s the tentative line-up:
- NCMR008EP: nsu – The Last Sunrise feat. Squeezer – Remixes: Old live favourite by nsu, given the treatment by Stray Theories, Soul Science, Nort, Squeezer and Newclear-newcomer Sameless Cut/Virus.
- NCMR009EP: Roadkill – Meatgrinder – Remixes: Explosive breakbeat-rave rhythms on this one – full list of remixers yet to be confirmed, but we’ll have some household names as well as some fresh faces.
Full release schedule and track-listings to be confirmed in the next update.
Stray Theories – Higher – Remixes
Our latest release arrived in late June and has been received warmly. The release is available now in digital format from online retailers, and you can read all about it in the official press release.Â You can also watch the promo video for the release here.
We are now looking to promote the release on Dunedin’s Radio 1 91FM, and would like to break into their weekly Top 11 chart on Tuesdays. You can help us by voting:
- Go to the Top 11 Page.
- On the form on the right, enter the following info:
- Artist: Stray Theories
- Song: Higher (nsu Remix)
Your help is appreciated!
Here’s a brief list of what else has been happening and what’s coming up:
- While late 2011 and early 2012 have been quiet, some things have been going on behind the scenes. Last year’s downbeat/chill-out concept remix albumÂ “RescapÃ©”Â achieved #10 on JunoDownload’s downbeat charts, and we also unleashed the first release by an artist other than nsu: Squeezer’sÂ “Pure Juice” remix EP.
- nsu has recently completed his second remix for the upcoming double-A-side on Cartoon Beats Recordings (CBR004) EP, “Blood Orange/RE Memory” by Haszari & SoNic Smith. Look-out for the previews in the next few weeks.
- Earlier this year, nsu joined the Audio Colours collective – a group of musicians based in Novi Sad, Serbia, specialising in genres such as reggae, dub, drum’n’bass, dubstep and breakbeat, amongst others. There are plans for a lot of collaborations, and Virus/Sameless Cut is the first Audio Colours member to be included in a future Newclear release (see top story).
- In April, nsu played his first live gig outside of New Zealand, at the 2nd edition of the Audio Colours Experience night. The gig took place at the Petrovaradin Fortress, and you can see some highlights from nsu’s set here.
As always, thanks to everyone for their support. We’re looking forward to more good beats and gigs 🙂